Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Running

Today’s Route: Landsdown
Distance: 3.0 miles

Ok, so we met at 6:00am on Sunday morning to go running, and the heavy dinner I’d had at 9:30 the night before still hadn’t settled. So it was kind of a sluggish run, but it was really cold, and I was bundled up really well, which made it different and interesting. I never wear a jacket when running, and I had on my long-sleeved under armor on, with a fleece jacket, gloves and a head wrap. About the last mile, I unzipped my jacket and took my gloves off. It was a good run!

The only downside was that daylight was approaching, and usually I can’t see the paths ahead of me (we usually run at 4:45am, and it’s still dark). But on Sunday, I could see all of the hills, and see Gina and Kevin far up ahead, and I had to remind myself to stay calm and keep pushing. I didn’t want to be gasping for air like a fish out of water, so I just kept the pace and push through and tried to keep my breathing level. It was a good way to start a Sunday, except it knocked me on my butt as usual, and I ended up sleeping late and not going to church. If I could just stay up and get ready, I’d be set. But there’s too much down time between when we finish running and when I have to be at church. I take my shower, eat something warm, and then with two hours to waste, I go comatose. I know, I know, it’s no excuse. Must find another way!

No comments: