Friday, November 21, 2008

Wind Chill!

Today’s route: Highway 60
Distance: 3.0 miles

Oh my gosh. The temperature was 28 with a wind chill of 18, and it was sooo cold. I think I could have handled that 28 degrees, or even 18 degrees, but with the wind whipping around us, it was numbing. I wore my heaviest apparel yet, and it still took me a while to warm up, and I never got too hot. I had a heavy hoodie on over my long-sleeved shirt. I had a head wrap on and the hood up on my hoodie. On the way back up 60, I put the hood down and left the head wrap on. My gloves came off toward the end. So, yeah, it was cold.

We ran into dead cat on the sidewalk. It both grossed me out and made me sad. I felt bad for the poor thing.

Jojo went with us again and did very well. She wasn’t able to keep up, but she ran at a steady pace and was sore after it was over, and that’s all any of us can ask of ourselves!

We’re doing the Turkey Day 5 Miler on Sunday! I can’t wait to see how I do!

No comments: